Have to wipe & show officer to prove you are on monthly, will only give you 1, 12ct bag of pads & no underwear, will sometimes take hours to bring you pads after you prove you are on monthly.
- If you are indigent you will get 1 roll of toilet paper to last you approx 3 weeks until you are eligible for the 3 rolls every 2 weeks.
- Toilets will only flush 2x every hour. Officers can press button to flush at other times but will not, so in communal (1 toilet) in dayroom you have approx 40+ women using toilet you can imagine the faeces, urine & blood that accumulates.
- Do not receive sheet to put on mattress & mattresses are not disinfected between uses.
- Will not give you proper cleaning supplies to clean cells. I was there for a 2 week period & we were on 23 hour lock down. Fed in our cells & we were not given cleaning supplies once.
- Once when we told the Health Department, during an inspection about the conditions, we were put on our beds for 3 days.
- There are Rats that come in the cells.
This slip of paper handed to Alabama Department Of Corrections Inmates upon entering HCJ, leaves them in no doubt as to how they can expect to be treated whilst in HCJ and surprisingly they appear to even have the power to decide if and when the inmate will return to ADOC custody and their respective prisons.