Have to wipe & show officer to prove you are on monthly, will only give you 1, 12ct bag of pads & no underwear, will sometimes take hours to bring you pads after you prove you are on monthly.
- If you are indigent you will get 1 roll of toilet paper to last you approx 3 weeks until you are eligible for the 3 rolls every 2 weeks.
- Toilets will only flush 2x every hour. Officers can press button to flush at other times but will not, so in communal (1 toilet) in dayroom you have approx 40+ women using toilet you can imagine the faeces, urine & blood that accumulates.
- Do not receive sheet to put on mattress & mattresses are not disinfected between uses.
- Will not give you proper cleaning supplies to clean cells. I was there for a 2 week period & we were on 23 hour lock down. Fed in our cells & we were not given cleaning supplies once.
- Once when we told the Health Department, during an inspection about the conditions, we were put on our beds for 3 days.
- There are Rats that come in the cells.
- You are mass punished. When i got there we were locked down 23 hours a day for a fight. The girls that fought were in seg but we were still kept on lock down even after both of them went home.
- I’ve seen girls have seizures & it has taken medical 2 hours to come to see about them, then they yell at them & tell them they are faking. One girl had one so bad she urinated on herself. They took 3 hours to bring her a clean uniform.
- A girl had to use her wash cloth as a pad, so therefor she was washing out a blood soaked rag in a sink where someone else had to wash their face & brush their teeth, again with no cleaning supplies.
- Sometimes it is 8 – 9 hours between lunch & dinner.
- Guards will yell & cuss you like you are a dog, so will medical staff.
- You receive 1 blanket, again no sheet, sometimes it is so cold in there you can see your breath & they refuse to adjust temp.
The conditions in that jail are inhumane & degrading. No human being deserves to be treated like that. I have volunteered at the Houston County Animal Control & those animals are treated better than the humans in that jail.
Transcribed by admin from a statement by KH (Identity withheld for fear of retaliation)